Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

I Met the Millers & Ate a Rusty Taco

Friday turned into a surprise date night with Husband.  We were hungry & decided to try a new place in Denton called Rusty Taco.  It took over this great noodle place I loved but was excited to try a new taco joint.  I checked out the menu & some reviews online & we headed out.  It's a super cute place with a laid back ambiance.  The tacos are pretty cheap at $2 or $2.50.  I ordered the black bean taco & fried fish taco.  Both were wonderful choices & so fresh. I was going to take a picture of Husband's tacos but he devoured them before I could snap one.  Here's mine, black bean taco on the left & fish taco on the right.  I didn't care for the pumpkin seeds on the black bean but only because of the texture.  It was a little too much crunch I think.  There was a yummy creamy sauce on the fish taco that made it perfect.  I think probably anything on the menu is great & will be venturing back here often.  The place has a cool patio outside that will be great once the weather cools down.  Fans blasting & misters were on to keep customers cool.  

After dinner we headed to the movies to see We're the Millers. I've been excited to see this movie because the previews looked hilarious. Jason Sudeikis & Jennifer Aniston are a great comedic pair & I thought Horrible Bosses was so funny & had a feeling this movie had the same vibe. It was definitely raunchy & filled with tons of F-bombs but hey, that's my kind of movie! David Clark (Jason Sudeikis) is a small town drug dealer & gets recruited without choice by Brad Gurdlinger (Ed Helms) to smuggle into the U.S. a gigantic amount of pot from Mexico. To keep from drawing too much attention to himself crossing the border, he puts together a fake family with Rose O'Reilly (Jennifer Aniston), Kenny Rossmore (Will Poulter) & Casey Mathis (Emma Roberts). Quite the fake disfuncational family which makes for tons of laughs. I won't spoil the ending but about 1/2 way through the movie, you can see these 4 starting to care for each other as a real family. With lots of hiccups after almost getting caught crossing the border, meeting up with the Fitzgerald family (HILARIOUS) and being chased by Mexican cartel, this movie is great. I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars only because of it's predictability.

The rest of the weekend was relaxing. Saturday evening, Husband & I met up with our good friends/neighbors for dinner & drinks at Texas Roadhouse. Sunday was cleaning day as it usually is. After finishing up, I had a great 40 min yoga session & then got to work on the treadmill for some HIIT training. I was super sore from my leg/back workout the day before & the yoga helped stretch me out before my run. Our super sweet neighbors invited us over for a swim. They had a beautiful pool put in a few weeks ago & invite us over all the time. It wasn't too blistering hot outside and the cloudiness kept us from baking in the pool. Overall, a great weekend with good food, friends & relaxation!


No comments:

Post a Comment