Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

3 Things Friday

Happy Friday!!!

3 Things I’m crushing on:

Mick & The Mia Foundation - This dog is so adorbs! He’s a Boston Terrier born with “Swimmer Puppy Syndrome”. It means he was completely flat like pancake flat. He couldn’t stand, sit or walk & could only move his little head. Vets recommended that he be put down as they usually do with any animal born with a defect. The Mia Foundation didn’t let that happen. At 6 weeks old they took him in. The Foundation rescues animals that are born with birth defects, provides them with the therapy they need and then finds them homes. You can check it out here and see all the amazing success stories. Mick went through less than 2 weeks of therapy sessions for about 15 minutes 4 times a day before he started showing vast improvement. He was put into a harness and would work on gaining strength in his legs by swimming. During the day, his legs would be taped so he would learn to sit up. There are 2 great videos on the main website that show him through his 2 week process and also how he’s doing today. It’s pretty amazing to see the transformation. He’s running and bouncing as a tiny happy puppy should. You can also watch the video on Mia who the Foundation was started for and named after. She was a teeny tiny Chihuahua born with a cleft palate. Sadly, Mia took the Rainbow Bridge to puppy heaven in 2012 but her story shows what a wonderful life she lived even though it was cut too short. I think what this foundation is doing is wonderful and you can see their unconditional love for animals. Read some of the success stories of the animals that have been rescued by the Foundation, you might shed a little tear or bawl like a small child like I did.

Ok, I know that was kind of heavy for Friday so on to some lighter stuff…

Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke’s Blurred Lines featuring T.I. & Pharrell – I L.O.V.E this song! It’s the 2013 summer hit & the only person that isn’t raving about it is Husband. I can literally listen to it over and over again and not get tired of it. Have you seen the damn video?? I had to do some double takes…there’s some unexpected nudity of lady parts. If anyone can pull it off, it’s Robin Thicke. This man just oozes sexiness. I love his voice and I’m totally diggin this song & probably will for a while.

Bauble Bar – I can’t even remember how I found this website. It’s a wonderful jewelry site filled with rings, necklaces, earrings and bracelets up the wazoo. They even have hair accessories. The prices start around $10 & can go up pretty high. For every $1 spent, you get a vault point & can use it for future purchases. You can also sign up for emails about sales, new & upcoming jewelry lines and (my fav) the BURIED BAUBLE! About 1-2 times a week, I get the best email a girl could ask for - a clue for a buried bauble item for either $10 or $20 (don’t worry, the clue is kid simple) and you can get a fab piece of jewelry for a low price. I tend to frequently purchase the $10 items because it’s a steal of a price for the quality of jewelry they sell. Oh yeah - the best part…FREE SHIPPING! I’m saving up my vault points for this necklace I’ve had my eye on for a while. Definitely worth a visit if you love to accessorize!

What are your plans for the weekend? I'm hoping to head out to dinner tonight & possibly a movie Saturday. Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment