Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Weekend Review

Jury Duty is not fun! I was in a room with over 300 people even though the maximum # allowed was 290. And to make matters worse, the AC wasn't working correctly! It was stuffy & people were coughing & sneezing...I think I left with everyone's germs covering my body. But it's over!

I had a fun weekend full of numerous Game of Thrones episodes. Husband & I began watching this a few weekends ago with our friends that live next door. This is like the 5th time they're watching all the seasons over again so they have all the answers to our never ending questions. The goal is to be caught up by the time the new season starts (I think it's next year maybe). It's very good & addicting. I just have to make sure I close my eyes & plug my ears during some graphic animal scenes. So that was our fun for Friday & Saturday night. Of course Ferg got to tag along. The kitties love to play with her & she feels so special to come with us.

I mentioned in my previous post that I was going to continue with my P90X leg & back workout but I lied. I didn't lie intentionally though. I found a circuit leg workout on Pinterest that you can do at home & thought I'd spice things up & give it a try. It originally was 3 different exercises so I added one into it.
  • 20 Squats
  • 20 Dead lifts
  • 20 Calf Raises
  • 20 Lunges (each Leg)
  • Pull Up/Chin Up (max)
  • 30 Jumping Jacks
I used 15 lb dumbbells for each leg move & did 3 circuits.  I'm not even gonna lie, I was totally winded & fatigued after the 1st circuit! After all 3, I ran HIIT for 2 miles on the treadmill. My body then turned to jello & I could no longer move. Later that evening, it started...the burn, the stiffness & the pain. I knew it would be bad on Sunday.

I woke up Sunday with the stiffest leg muscles I've had in a long time. And the worst part was my quads which are really hard for me to get to burn for some reason. Dead lifts alone always give me the burn in my hamstrings but my quads are more difficult to target. And then the smile crept across my face because I'm weird & love this feeling. It means I worked hard & the change of workout was a success.

Last week I had a plethora of goodies arrive that I'll eventually get into. But one I'll reveal to you is my new yoga DVD!!!!

I was so excited to try this & what a better time when my legs are on fire. The workout is an hour long with an extra 15 minute yoga ab routine at the end. From the very beginning, Bob had me sweating. After 15 minutes I was drenched & then he had the nerve to call that the warm up! Warm up my ass! Bob didn't do a whole lot but the other 3 yogies did & they were sweating as much as me. They all demonstrated different variations so that helped. I still consider myself a beginner yogie but I was able to do most of the tough moves. The workout included non-stop warrior moves, chaturangas, cobras, downward dogs, these crazy upside down shoulder press moves...I mean the list just goes on.  It was truly a full body workout. During the last 10 minutes, there was a mini ab routine. Initially I thought this was the ab portion & got excited because I was about to pass out.  No. It wasn't. 15 minutes of hell followed. The ab routine was one of the hardest routines I've done. Seriously. My abs were on fire but I guess that's not a bad thing because it took the emphasis off my legs for the 15 minutes. Today is the first day I can move from side to side without wincing. I give the video endless stars & this will be a weekly thing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment